Wednesday 20 June 2007

Welsh Flags in Dublin

On my other blog - Gog with a Blog - I mentioned a recent day visit to Dublin in which I easily spotted over half a dozen Welsh flags within a few hours... but no St. George flags and few St. Andrew flags. Alan in Dyfed reckons he didn't see a St. George flag in Ireland in two years! Interesting.

In fact, I find that also occurs in Edinburgh - a few Welsh flags dotted about (admittedly less that in Dublin) but no St. George flags. I've been to Scotland well over a dozen times - mostly Ayrshire, Glasgow and Edinburgh - and I can't recall ever seeing a St. George flag.

Anyway, here's a few photos of those red, white and green flags in Dublin...


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I never saw the Union Jack flying in Ireland either, which makes a lot of sense, thinking about history.
Alan

I have a suggestion to raise awareness. To everyone who supports the cause of Welsh Independence -
fly the flag!
The more it is visible the higher the profile for the cause.

  • British Nats Watch
  • Celtic Cult Cinema
  • Cymuned
  • Eric the Red's Welsh Football
  • Guerrilla Welsh-Fare
  • Independence Cymru
  • Llysgenhadaeth Glyndwr/Embassy Glyndwr
  • Miserable Old Fart
  • Ordovicius
  • Pulse Wales
  • Welsh Independence
  • Y Ddraig Goch